Days to Summer

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Olive Brophy Tenney

Olive Brophy Tenney

Olive was born on May 18, 1900 to Thomas Martin Brophy and Elizabeth Brown at 1327 Penn Avenue in the 9th ward of Pittsburgh. On January 13, 1925 Olive married George Leo Tenney at St. Patrick's Church in Pittsburgh's Strip District. I'm not sure how or where they met since in 1920 Olive lived at 2117 Liberty Avenue and worked as a clerk for the milk company while George was living in Oakland at 340 Kennett Square and worked as a clerk for a railroad so they didn't work together and were not neighbors. I would imagine she looked a lot like this when she met George. During their 38 years of marriage they had three children, George Gabriel, Richard Edmund and Margaret. Olive passed away September 22, 1975 and is buried in Calvary Cemetery.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Neat.

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

I must correct you. Nana Olive would be 61 today. She always told me that on the day I was born she gave her birthday to me so she didnt have anymore. She would never get any older.

Erin

Anonymous said...

That's a great story!

Anonymous said...

Thats really cool. For my bday maybe you can trace back my royalty to see how I really did become a Princess

Ben Benson said...

nice work...here in cali...rich10e

Ben Benson said...

you said Boppy worked for the rr's and G Olive lived inn the strip..maybe he worked in the strip???

Anonymous said...

I think your Grandmum Olive has a beautiful face. She is quite stunning.

Anonymous said...

Keri I already checked on your ancestry-and you are related to royalty! You are a direct decendant of Princess Fiona. You remember her- she married Shrek.

Anonymous said...

i thought it was from kissing toads